SUNY Orange is proud to offer a Spring Nursing Program at the Newburgh campus in Kaplan Hall.
Below are the academic requirements along with links to other web pages that provide additional information regarding those requirements.
All interested students must submit a Spring Nursing Program Application by October 1, 2013 for consideration into the program. New (Freshman) and Transfer applicants for must also complete an application for admission to the college by the deadline.
Admissions Requirements (Subject to change)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Eligible to take Freshman English I (ENG 101)
- Eligible to take Intermediate Algebra (MAT 102), or have completed Elementary Algebra (MAT 101) or equivalent with a grade of "C" or higher
- Completed one or more of the following with a grade of "C" or higher:
- Intro to Biology (BIO 110)
- General Biology I (BIO 101) and General Biology II (BIO 102)
- Anatomy & Physiology I (BIO 111)
- Anatomy & Physiology II (BIO 112)
- Passing grade on the Biology CLEP examination
- High School AP Biology (score of 3 or higher)
- Completed High School Regents (NYS) or College Prep Chemistry (with a grade of 75 or higher) or a college Chemistry course with lab (with a grade of "C" or higher within 10 years)
- Students must attain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
Department Specific Requirements:
- Required to take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) prior to the deadline. You must achieve a minimum ATI Academic Preparedness Level of BASIC for admission consideration. Students who place higher will receive stronger consideration.
- Attendance at a Nursing pre-admission seminar in the past 3 years. At this orientation, students will receive and sign off on information pertaining to health forms, program standards, and criminal record & drug screening policies.
- The Nursing Department will review transcripts of those students who have been enrolled in a Health Professions program at SUNY Orange or another college.
Do you still have questions?
Take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions page for answers to commonly asked questions by our applicants.
- Admissions Home
- Prospective Students
- Degrees, Programs & Certificates
- Accepted Students
- Placement Testing
- Health Professions
- Honors Program >
- Veterans >
- Tuition, Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Programs for High School Students
- Visit SUNY Orange
- Admissions Forms
SUNY Orange Office of Admissions,
115 South Street Middletown, NY 10940
†Admissions forms are hosted by Signup4.
Viewbook hosted by issuu.com