Start! Online Walking Program
Orange County Community College is proud to partner with the American Heart Association’s Start! Campaign, a physical activity initiative to fight heart disease and stroke by getting people moving through workplace walking programs.
SUNY Orange employees can now register for MyStart! Online – a FREE web-based fitness and nutrition tool that offers a consistent way to measure personal improvement.
With MyStart! Online, employees can:
- Track their daily physical activity in distance and minutes
- Track their daily caloric intake
- Map a customized walking route near their home or office using Google maps
- Receive monthly Start! Newsletters with expert advice on fitness and nutrition
- Access to resources such as nutritional information (Heart Check products), recipes and calorie charts
Developed by leading exercise professionals, nutritionists and dietitians, MyStart! Online is based on the sound principle of balancing activity with dietary intake. MyStart! Online is an online program which will help individuals reach their goals and control their health, fitness and nutrition.
Here’s how to get started:
- Register for MyStart! Tracker by visiting www.startwalkingnow.org†
- Click on the orange “Register” button
- Complete the registration form. For “Company”, type in Orange County Community College and click on “search for company”
- For “Dept/Team”, type in your department name
- Create and confirm your password
- Complete the registration form with your health information and click submit
You are now ready to utilize the MyStart! Online Walking Program. Please note employees may register for this program at any time and SUNY Orange encourages our employees to take advantage of this free online health and fitness tool.
Lunch Time Walking Program
In an effort to continue the promotion of health and wellness, we are pleased to continue our group walking program at Orange County Community College. The program meets every Tuesday and Thursday from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Please note the following:
- All fitness levels may participate, beginners absolutely welcome!
- Sharon Ahearn from the Movement Science Department will start the group off on a guided walk – your choice of a 1 or 2 mile walk.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- The group will meet in front of the Physical Education Building every Tuesday and Thursday at 1:00 p.m. Guided walk will last for approximately 45 minutes.
- Weather permitting.
We are pleased to announce that we are now offering incentives to walk! Every time you participate in our walking at work program, your mileage will be recorded. When you reach the goal of 25 miles, you will receive a T-shirt courtesy of the Movement Science department. At 50 miles, you will receive a electronic step counter to record your steps.
Can’t seem to fit that exercise into your schedule? Here is the chance to break up your day by walking with your colleagues, enjoying the fresh air and getting healthy to boot!
Want to do more? Visit the Athletics department to get the lastest schedule of the weight room and pool hours. Click here to visit the Recreation home page on the SUNY Orange Athletics web site.
Still want more: check out Orange County's Healthy Orange!†
†Following these links will take you out of the SUNY Orange Web site. The college cannot be responsible for the content on these pages, although the links on this page have been reviewed and are recommended by the members of the Human Resources Department.
- Employment Opportunities
- SUNY Orange Policies
- Employee Handbook
- New Employee Information
- Professional Development
- Holiday Schedule
- Title IX
- Diversity at SUNY Orange
- Payroll Department
- Helpful Links
- Contact Us
- News and Events
Human Resources Information:Phone: (845) 341-4660
Fax: (845) 341-4670
Located in Orange Hall,
115 South Street Middletown, NY 10940